cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor verybad
Occasional Contributor

Connection problems

Why does the fetch to say that programmes stopping to allow ght I could record up to size things!

why does the message disconnecting some devices from network will aid streaming?  Thought with this new NBN this shouldn't be a problem. It's wasn't before on OLD system?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Connection problems

It's all about Optus not buying enough bandwidth from the NBN.  

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Hi, Have you done a speed test on the connection? is your connection going fine without the Fetch TV? I've been told that Fetch TV is on the process of upgrading the Fetch Box, not sure if this has anything to do with it. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

A speed test has been done. Plus they are supposed to be monitoring for 48 hours then calling me Monday. So they. Allied today but I kissed it. Replied to text as requested but they are yet to respond. 

Still getting drop drop outs and weird messages on tv. Change the calve as requested by last operator and re-booted and restarted system. Still no good. So waiting for them to contact me again

worst service ever ! 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

I am using the Gen2 Fetchtv box, seems to be okay. They optus will send me a Gen3 box soon. Which version of the FetchTV box do you have. Also, how are you connection the box, Wifi or Ethernet cable? What happens when you disconnect all other devices on the network, does the FetchTV works okay? What speed are you getting with the speedtest? What error message are you getting?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I am guessing as I have only had this a week that it's the latest box. Have checked all paper work and no description of gen2/3 on that or the box which is completely black. 

Speed was checked and and I was told the numbers were excellent. Have not disconnected devices as on previous connection they all worked really well and some of these things are connected via an extender! Which I was told should never been needed with this brilliant wifi router I was also sent!

error message is programme stopped to allow recording. Review recording and delete some items showing the curve signal symbol. 

Nothing seems to be recording and if you leave it the programme resumes in about 20-30 seconds. 

Also so for the fifth time all recordings set on a series tag are no longer in Sheduled section and some have not recorded due to I guess the internet dropping out. Disrupted recording is showing. 

Also so constantly getting no internet message but when I check settings I am connected. Also this box is Ethernet connected as advised in brochure. 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

That would be the gen3 or the mighty box. I haven't yet got mine, it could be the fetchtv box, internet connection, physical connection.

i would try :

1. Internet speed. Use your phone or computer and do a speedtest at speedtest.net. Get a baseline speed and a speed when your channel is not working.

2. Unplug the Ethernet cable from the fetch box and Connect to a computer and do speedtest and maybe try a few catch-up like iview to see,if the connection is stable.

3. Could be the box itself, do the general, unplug from the power, leave it off and turn back on. If all fail and everything else works perfectly, not drop out slow internet speed etc....then ask Optus for a replacement box.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks

i am waiting for them to arrange a new box. They seem to have to go through steps until they finally agree to the obvious!

had similar problem before when they told me to purchase a new modem $70 and they ended up refunding this plus 1/2 my Foxtel bill as I was unable to use that due to no phone no internet for a week. 

If they bit the bullet and just sent a technician the 5th time you still tell them it's not working it would probs lay save a lot of time and money

cant really unplug the Ethernet line or move the route as they have out it the other side of the house to my Mac and I don't have a laptop to use so that's not physically possible but thank you for the help

wilk wait and see if they actually call me back as promised. 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

You are right , would of save them money, your time and sanity if the box was replaced after the failed solution. Hope you get your new box soon.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Well posted on Facebook which vanished quickly. Did receive a response when I private mesa

saged and low and behold a technician was arranged for the following day! He reinstalled the system which was connected to cables going nowhere which was drawing in on service this was fixed but still received the channel stoooed to record error message. Nothing was recording both boxes stoooed. Called again and was given some completely false information. Did a soft reset as requested and so far so good. Only good thing I have been told to message again and keep them up dated on the information I receive from these help desk people. So they only thing that did work was Facebook. 

0 Kudos