Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Connection drop out

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange issue.

I have Optus NBN. I'm connected successfully and I can browse everything. Then couple of times everyday, suddenly I can't access anything, including the modem gateway (192.168.0.1). I have tried from different devices (iPhone, Mac, Windows) using wifi, or ethernet cable. I can ping the router, all the correct lights (power, DSL, Internet and wifi) are on, but that's it.

I spent a great amount of time with Optus helpdesk and they sent me a new modem, still the same issue.

If I reset the modem, it works perfect again for a few hours (6-8) then same issue.

Is there anyone faced this issue before or know how I can fix it please?

Thanks,

Mr_PT

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Connection drop out

Sounds like the issue I was having, here's the details and apparent solution to my saga:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Is-this-another-Sagemcom-F-ST-3864OP-issue/m-p/199403#M4664/jum...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Is it this one you have got instead http://www.sagemcom.com/broadband/gateways/home-connectivity/fst-3686-ac/ ?

How has it been since? Where did you buy it from?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Had to buy it direct from Optus ($110), this is the one:

https://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/Consumer/Assets/PDFs/Optus%20F3864AC%20Datasheet.pdf

I've had no connection drop-outs or VoIP issues since installing it. Speed issues, yes, but that's line congestion not the router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Mr_PT, please let us know if you need help ordering a Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for following this up. I'm happy to order one, but I don't think I should pay anything for it, as if the modem is faulty, I should not be liable for changing the modem and getting a new one. I'm happy to send my modem back, and a new Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC.

Thanks

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No worries, please send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number and I'll check if I can send it out as a warranty replacement. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Hannah. I have sent you a PM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hannah, 

I'm having the exact same issue. I have the F@ST 3864OP router and have intermittent drop outs across multiple devices (at separate times).  It has the latest firmware and is only 2 weeks old (moved house recently and had a new connection put in).

This router is obviously not capable to perform the task it was meant for and I would like to also have it replaced with the 3864AC router which, from my research and from the many other threads on here and Whirlpool, is a more capable product.

0 Kudos