Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Strat2929
New Contributor
New Contributor

Connection NBN down for 2 weeks

Anyone in Murrumbeena with the HFC ?  
Since I have had it installed 2 weeks ago I am getting probaly 40 drop outs a day..   Would it be some dodgy wiring or a problem in the area?  

Looking on the outages it has been saying there is a outage for 2 weeks... being investigated still..  I have sent 3 tech support requests over the last few weeks and have not recieved any response..   This is very frustrating straight from the start... the NBN tech who did the install even left the roof tiles off my roof and the rain destoryed my ceiling and front door.

Unfortunately I am on a 24 month contract.. I shouldn't have to pay for a  service that doesn't work? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Connection NBN down for 2 weeks

Apologies for the length of the outage @Strat2929,

We've actually raised fault ticket - 17582880 for this one. It was raised back on the 23/11/17. Essentially there's a loose cable that's responsible for the outage. The issue lies in the fact that we need to liaise with the power company to raise the cable to an appropriate height. The last remark left on the ticket was yesterday, "Issue has been escalated to power authority as possibly 2 poles to be replaced."

Feel free to send us a PM with your account details. I can organise an internet assistance kit as in interim solution; more info available here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Connection NBN down for 2 weeks

Contracts work both ways. If Optus isn't living up to their end of the bargain then you can usual exit with no penalty.

@Dan_C has given a good update here. Its unfortunate that the Optus communication process can make getting this information less than easy. Proactive followup and a single point of ownership should be the order of the day. The NBN has disrupted both customers and Telcos and both NBN and Optus have said they're working to impliment a much improved communication process soon (not that that helps you now)

I would definitely contact Optus and arrange a credit for this month on any current bill (you don't have to pay for a non working service).

NBN damage is seperate from Optus and it sounds like they really stuffed up. NBN have a contact point for reporting installer damage (not sure what it leads to though - in general you should be legally entitled to compensation for negligent damage)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Top Contributors