Searching...
Highlighted

Connection Dropouts (Relocation)

James86

Hi All,

Long story short 2 weeks ago I had processed a request to relotlcate my nbn connection to a new address that already has nbn ready. Optus requested a document proving I was the new tenant as the previous tenant still had an nbn service activated at my new address.

Once I moved in to my new place I setup the modem and all appeared well until I noticed to huge drop in speeds 10Mbps down 1Mbps up.

Upon calling Optus support they notified me that I had been downgraded to a basic plan as my previous plans speeds could not be achieved at my new address!

Then came the drop outs, every 5 minutes my connection seems to drop out then takes another 2-3 minutes to come back online, I called Optus support once again and went through the whole router reset tutorial said to wait an hour while the router synced. It’s been 4 hours and it’s still dropping out!

Could the olds tenants nbn connection be conflicting with my Optus connection?

Re: Connection Dropouts (Relocation)

PhilC

Hi @James86,

The previous connection shouldn't have any impact on your current service. When you've spoken to our tech team were you provided any fault reference or PR numbers we can take a closer look at? 

If you'd like to send us a DM we can also check your connection from our end.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
89 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos