Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Optus Call Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Connect new Dlink DVA 2800 modem to Optus NBN?

I having a lot of trouble connecting my new modem router (DLINK DVA 2800) to Optus NBN - Optus Premium Business Support is useless, DLink solution does work ie reset the modem and trya gain and again and again.   Annyone else been throughthis and have some advice?

We have 3 desktops, telephone and printer connected to the modem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Connect new Dlink DVA 2800 modem to Optus NBN?

Hi ALLSTI,

I'm channelling @Jeneral__Pain and doing a google search directs me to this Whirlpool thread or the one before it.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks - I had managed to google myself prior to posting this question - those threads are not current and neither are the links provided  in them.  I was hoping to get more recent (2019) advice from an Optus NBN user who had gone through the same debarcle with Optus trying to install a new modem router with Voip.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah gotcha... have you searched Yes Crowd for "BYO router"

Here is one example: BYO Router with Optus NBN VoIP

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Please provide some more detail of your issue (what trouble connecting?) - it will help resolve it. What form of NBN? I assume it's FTTN.

Rule of thumb for Optus NBN is to first connect the Optus modem-router until everything works, particularly VOIP. Then connect your own device. However, VOIP will only be available via the Optus device.

0 Kudos