cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Re: Congestion? -Cranbourne

Hmm - if you are in a congested area there are things you can do to try and get the most out of the connection you have, we definitely don't want to see our customers leave because of this but we also understand that the Internet is important and sometimes we may offer this as a last resort. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor Larico
Contributor

100/40mbps

0 Kudos
Contributor Larico
Contributor

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Layback
Occasional Contributor

Same issue here.

Speed Test

Should get maximum 50/20 Mbps

Currently living 5~10 minutes away from Merinda Park Station (or Berwick Station).

Made a call for 4 times for last two weeks and been said that there is a work going on in this area and promised to send me a SMS when it's done.

Congestion? Upgrade? ..................Serious?

Okay, if it really was a congestion or an upgrade, don't you think YOU should be the one who informs your customers via email regarding what on the earth is going on in that area and ask excuses?

Why does it have to be a CUSTOMER's responsibility to give a call, wait for 30 minutes to an hour till the technician to pick up the call and waste another 10~20 minutes doing unhelpful troubleshootings like "try re-boot your modem" and "try re-plug your cables" while the technician already knows my address (since I've provided my ACCOUNT NUMBER).

I am not paying over hundred dollars for NBN to get a internet speed which is even worse than cable or even ADSL2.

This is SO unacceptable.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hey @Layback, I'm sorry to hear about this experience. 😞 Can you please send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number so that I can check if there's a bandwidth upgrade scheduled for your area?

0 Kudos
New Contributor iScript
New Contributor

Hi

Are you still having issues with speed? I have benn hit recently with the same (Cranbourne) and Optus refuse to say when this will be fixed. They acknowledge that there is congestion issue. This is the second time within 2 years I am having this problem and attitude shown by Optus is not professional. I am getting 4-6 MBS on 100/40 plan

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Miles_R
RetiredModerator

So sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the connection and getting assistance fixing this up, @iScript. That's really not the type of experience that we'd like you to have. Could you please PM us here with your account number, full name and DOB so that we can investigate this for you?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Rande
New Contributor

Hi 

I got the same issue and end up with same unswers. They can not tell when this can be fixed. But sending the bills with the due dates.

0 Kudos