Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Confusing and poor service

I have just had another absolutely frustrating waste of time with the chat service. I wanted to know if the NBN had been connected to my ADSL accounts only to be told that one account I had I didn't have access to which is ridiculous since I am the owner and paying the account. Then despite providing all the details I was then directed to call 131344. Also she asked for an NBN order number which I obviously didn't have as I was making an enquiry as to how to get the NBN connected.

I have never dealt with such a confusing service before. It is ridiculous having to jump through so many hoops and still end up more confused by the end of the chat. Online services are no better instead of a simple format where everything should be bundled together to make it more customer friendly it is a confusing minefield of hoops and jumps and different departments. Not pleased at all and am seriously considering finding a better service

ABSOLUTELY A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND OPTUS TO ANYONE.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Confusing and poor service

It sounds like a miscommunication.

First thing in checking the NBN at your home is typing your address into the NBN site

Here

Let us know what it says.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN available at both addresses. I have ADSL to both and I want to know how to get the NBN to both. When I signed up there was a clause that I would switch to NBN when it became active in my area. The NBN is active so my question was is it an automatic process or do I have to go through a lot odf stress hoops and jumps to get anything done?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

Just used your link and the following appear:

Number 1 account

Your premises is connected via nbn™ Fibre to the node (FTTN) technology.

Disconnection information for this address: The disconnection date for the old phone and internet network in this area has not been confirmed yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number 2  account

Great news! You are ready to connect to an nbn™ powered plan The disconnection process for the old phone and internet network in this area is scheduled to begin on Jan 2019

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi Confused,

Switching to the NBN should be pretty painless for you. FTTN uses the existing copper wires to your house so you just need to connect a new modem in and you're good to go. Once on the NBN switching to any provider and any plan just takes a single phone call (as every ISP now connects to you over the NBN).

Are you on a contract with Optus? If so then you can either stay as is and wait for teh contract to end and then choose a NBN provider. Or you can just ask Optus to switch you over to the NBN. Pretty painless but you will be on a new 24 month Optus contract.

You also need to decide on a speed. Optus should test your line and tell you the max possible speed on FTTN. It might be 25, 50 or 100 (Your existing ADSL speed is probably about 10 btw)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter, you have been most helpful. One question though will my current optus modem work or do I have to buy a new one?

If I need a new modem will Optus provide it if I renew my contract?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

A modem (and Fetch PVR) is included in the standard $80 a month plan. Includes unlimited data.

Just confirm about the modem with Optus when you call to recontract.

The $80 plan is 25Mbps but you can switch up and down speeds anytime (just costs $10-$20 more depending on how fast you want - check with Optus the max possible speed of your NBN line)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks again Peter, you have been most helpful. Optus needs more people like you it would save a lot of heartache. Iwill check it all tomorrow. Have a good night.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Confused57,

When you decide to arrange the switch over, make it clear that you're migrating your existing Optus ADSL service to Optus NBN. The order will be processed in such a way to ensure you're kept on the same contract. We'll also make sure that you retain your landline number and Optus username (x@optusnet.com.au) 

If you decide to go with the $80.00 rate plan, you'll receive a new black Sagemcom 3864 with A.C modem.

You can speak with our migration team directly on → 1800083810

You can also check out our available speed tiers here 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos