Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Bunnykins
New Contributor
New Contributor

Compulsory switching from Cable to NBN

I am being told that we will be getting slower speeds for the same price unless we pay more and if we dont want to we have to pay out contract.

Is a contract vaild if the service is being changed from what we originally signed up for?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Compulsory switching from Cable to NBN

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Bunnykins, do you remember the name of the rate plan we'd recommended for you? I know initially we were offering customers migrating from Optus HFC to the NBN network a complimentary speed boost. I'd need to find out whether that's still the case. Feel free to PM us with your account details. We'll take a look at what's been offered. We'll need your full name, DOB and account number. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Bunnykins
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for responding. Yes we were advised that we currently get up to 30 mbps for our $60 a month and when we switch to NBN, for $60 a month we will get 12 mbps.

0 Kudos
Dnlmclean
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yup Im paying the same as I did on my cable , where I used to get 100MBPS I only get 23MBPS now,,, unless I pay more im stuffed,,,  

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Bunnykins, I've just replied back to your PM. We'll continue chatting with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Dnlmclean, do you remember what speed pack we'd organised for you? It sounds like we might have you on our 12-25Mbps speed tier. I'm happy to complete a couple of checks for you. Feel free to send through your account details → http://yesopt.us/pmdan. We'll need your full name, DOB and account number.

0 Kudos
dottway
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Bunnykins were you able to get Same for Same nbn contract. I too am being bullied into changing from my $80 30mbs plan but I only paid $60 on a great deal. Now they want me to pay more, the full $80 to get a similar speed. I dont need to change but they have been threatening to disconnect the service because nbn government is making them do it or so they say

0 Kudos
Dnlmclean
New Contributor
New Contributor

I was on the 100mbps with cable, been online help chat and was told im now on the 25mbps, they will happily put me to the 100mbps for another $20,,  

0 Kudos
taohuhua
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yea, same thing happened to me. So i'm going with someone else for nbn service.

0 Kudos