cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Compensation for not being able to use telephone

Hi @angelo_f, have 16 weeks passed since the fault was resolved? If this is the case and the fault still hasn't been assessed for CSG compensation we can submit an escalation through to our CSG team for a manual assessment.

'If you're eligible for CSG, it will be applied automatically to your bill as a credit once the issue has been resolved. It's important to note that sometimes CSG assessments can take up to 16 weeks to be completed.'

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

No - not 16 weeks. So it is 16 weeks I have to wait?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I can see it's pretty close to 16 weeks now, I'll lodge the escalation today and the CSG team will inform you of the outcome in writing within the next 7 days - Hannah

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @angelo_f, the escalation was knocked back by our CSG team, I thought it would be worth posting the reasoning here in case others in the forum refer to this thread. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

"Looking at the fault and the definition of the call barring feature that is covered under the CSG standard and how it relates to the fault, the fault suggests that the barring the customer requested was provisioned in our network management systems and not a product/feature we offered to the customer that they could control themselves, such as a PIN-controlled Call Control as available on Resale services.

enhanced call handling feature means any of the following features when

activated by a carriage service provider:

(a) call waiting (enabling a customer to receive a second call on a

telephone service while engaged on a call);

(b) call forwarding (causing a call directed to a number to be redirected to

a stored number);

(c) call barring (enabling a customer to control access to some, or all,

network numbers before a call is established), but not a call barring

option that a carriage service provider programs into its network;

(d) calling number display (enabling a customer to identify the number of

a calling party);

(e) calling number display blocking (enabling a customer to prevent the

display of his, her or its number to a called party).

Therefore, CSG compensation is not applicable for this issue."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

My service was supposed to be able to provide mobile phone barring. Optus was charging me for mobile calls. I had someone in my business making mobile calls that I did not want them to make. So I put a mobile bar on. The problem was, all outgoing calls were blocked due to a fault in your system. I was the one who had to do all the diagnosis. The Optus technicians would not beleive me that the issue was even possible. I had to work with your technicians on my time for months to finally get it fixed. They said I would be compensated.  If I'm not satisfactorily compensated, I will just go to ombudsman.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Thanks for posting the details @Hannah-L (Optus processes should have made this reasoning clear from the outset IMO).

@angelo_f, so the issue did relate to the "customer controlled" part of the code. Unfortunately that seems pretty definite. FWIW the TIO's role is generally to ensure that the regulations are being properly applied and in this case it seems pretty black and white that they have been.

Its possible Optus may choose to provide some level of recompense for failing to provide the service they were offering (particularly if prompted by the TIO) but that would likely be a optional decision and not one required under the CSG. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors