Searching...
Highlighted

Chromecast not setting up

Barny1406

Hi

I have Optus nbn with a Sagemcom Fast3864V3AC router. When I try to setup a chromecast 2 dongle, I get an error with a suggestion to check router settings from google home as follows: 

1. Check that AP isolation (or guest mode) is not enabled.

2. Check that per to peer (or multicast) is enabled.

Ive logged into the router and tried settings resembling these, no success. Optus live chat were no help. I can't find a manual for my router online ( only quick start guide), and emails to Sagemcom have gone unanswered. Can anyone help please?

Re: Chromecast not setting up

Shauna

Hey @Barny1406 - We've found the guide for your modem here →  http://devicehelp.optus.com.au/sagemcom/f-st-3864ac-windows-10/. However there's no information around Chromecast in there.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Chromecast not setting up

Tastebud

I had the same problem - after switching on multicast and disabling AP isolation it still didn't work.

Then I found that changing from the default multicast IGMP Snooping setting (Blocking mode) to Standard mode did the trick:

Screenshot_1.png

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
110 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
14 Kudos