Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor James98
Occasional Contributor

Charged $500 for "recurring charges and other charges and credits"

opcnt.PNG

Yea nice, love it when a $105 bill magically turns to $520... safe to say im leaving optus. Had nothing but a f around since I signed up, took over a month to sort out connection issues with the modem then i wasn't receiving bills for 2 months now I get this rubbish. Im on an unlimited plan too so its not like ive gone over anything, bunch of monkeys working the system

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Charged $500 for "recurring charges and other charges and credits"

There would be another section on your invoice that describes what that charge actually is.

given the value, ex-GST it sounds like a tech had to come and fully connect your service from exchange to premise which is $299 and this fee isn’t levied by Optus, but their wholesale provider in response to the connection status at your premises. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Charged $500 for "recurring charges and other charges and credits"

Have you given us a chance to run through the charges and offer up an explanation?

From the screenshot you've posted, it's difficult to draw any conclusions.

If you like, I can go in and take a look. I'll need your full name, DOB and account number.

We'll run through the charges and see what's happened. 

I wasn't receiving bills for 2 months now I get this rubbish

What did you select as your preferred billing method? Could they have been going to an email address? We'll go in and check this out to. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos