cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor James98
Occasional Contributor

Charged $500 for "recurring charges and other charges and credits"

opcnt.PNG

Yea nice, love it when a $105 bill magically turns to $520... safe to say im leaving optus. Had nothing but a f around since I signed up, took over a month to sort out connection issues with the modem then i wasn't receiving bills for 2 months now I get this rubbish. Im on an unlimited plan too so its not like ive gone over anything, bunch of monkeys working the system

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Charged $500 for "recurring charges and other charges and credits"

There would be another section on your invoice that describes what that charge actually is.

given the value, ex-GST it sounds like a tech had to come and fully connect your service from exchange to premise which is $299 and this fee isn’t levied by Optus, but their wholesale provider in response to the connection status at your premises. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Charged $500 for "recurring charges and other charges and credits"

Have you given us a chance to run through the charges and offer up an explanation?

From the screenshot you've posted, it's difficult to draw any conclusions.

If you like, I can go in and take a look. I'll need your full name, DOB and account number.

We'll run through the charges and see what's happened. 

I wasn't receiving bills for 2 months now I get this rubbish

What did you select as your preferred billing method? Could they have been going to an email address? We'll go in and check this out to. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors