cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor justinl1234
New Contributor

Changing NBN Account Holder

This is more a complaint than a question. 

I've been with Optus NBN for over 2 years now. I'm moving out of my rented house and need to transfer the account holder. 

I called up, and to my surprise, apparently I cannot simply transfer over the phone (as I had done previously).

They sent me the form I need to print out, fill in, then fax or drop off at an Optus store. One part of the form says that the new account holder needs to provide a utility bill with his/her name on it. I told the customer service guy that the new tenent doesn't have any bills at the house, and asked for some alternative. He says that it HAD to be a utility bill. 

Seriously? That is riduculous. I checked with Optus Sales, and to START a brand new account you only need to provide 100 points of ID. Fortunately, I can cancel my account with Optus as I've held the contract for over 2 years and he can just start a new one. But, why is your system so rigid.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Changing NBN Account Holder

A good question. You obviuosly need proof of an address and a utility bill is the easiest most verifiable way to get that.

A copy of the lease should also suffice though.

Have you tried the online process ? It may be a bit different from the form.

Alternatively a bank statement will also be accepeted (easiest thing to change their address fast and order one)

Regards

Peter Gillespie 

Top Contributors