Searching...
Highlighted

Cannot connect to 2.4GHz

[ Edited ]
EthelG

I hope someone can help me. Since 6 weeks ago, we have been having problems with connection dropouts. Optus already sent 4 technicians and changed the router 3 times. Yesterday, we completely lost connection to the 2.4GHz and can only connect to 5GHz. This is problematic since some of our devices can only connect to 2.4GHz. Whenever I try to connect to the 2.4GHZ even when entering the correct password, I just get an error message that says incorrect password. I've already hard reset the router but I still cannot connect to 2.4GHz. It has been 6 weeks since we had this problem and it is really frustrating. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Cannot connect to 2.4GHz

pwright

What devices are you trying to connect to 2.4ghz?  If its a windows device, you may need to go into settings, and delete the Wifi Network and saved password out, and then make it re-connect and ask you for the password.  

You mentioned you factory reset the Router, are you using the default password supplied with the modem?

Have you tried changing the password to something else in the Web Interface in the modem and then tried to connect?

EthelG

I'm trying to connect a Sonofi smart wifi plug which can only connect to 2.4GHz and a Canon printer. I am using the default password that came in together with the router. That's another problem. I have tried to log in the router admin page using 'optus' as the username and the default password of the wifi network but it does not accept the default password. I called Optus tech support and was told that they cannot do anything about it if the password is not accepted as they cannot change the password on their end. I was told the router needs to be replaced if this was the case. I told tech support the router has been changed 3 times already, the recent one was today.

pwright

Have you tried factory resetting the router with a Pin on the bottom to put it back to defaults?

The default username and password for the Web Interface should be on the sticker of the modem to get into the Interface.

Support are correct, they can not reset the password on the modem remotely.

If you reset it with a Pin, the Wifi Password should be back to the password on the same sticker for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz Wifi Networks.  Which modem did you get the White or the Black one?

EthelG

Yes, I tried restoring to factory default settings. I did it twice, but still I cannot connect to the 2.4GHz and the password is still unacceptable in the router admin page.

I got the black Sagemcom.

I solved the problem by using a previous Asus router that my internet service provider back in Singapore provided. I moved to Sydney last year. Just for the heck of it, I plugged the Asus router and it still works. This is already the 3rd day since and we haven't had any dropouts. We can now connect to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 

I therefore conclude that the Sagemcom routers that Optus provided us is substandard and no good. They replaced my router thrice but none of them solved the problems we had.

Do yourselves a favor if you're experiencing the same problems. Replace those Sagemcom routers and spare yourselves from stress and anxiety. For 7 weeks, that's all it ever gave me. I wish I had remembered I brought along with the Asus router I had from Singapore.

pwright

I'm so glad you have managed to resolve the issues, if you dont intend to use the VOIP Home Phone part, I agree you are much better using your own router, as the Sagecom ones are not the best.  Glad you are up and running with your Asus Router Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos