cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancellation

Hi, what’s the terms and conditions for canceling a month to month NBN plan? I want to cancel within the first month and was wondering whether I will need to pay for $252
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cancellation

If you are on the m2m plan (Internet everyday or entertainment Internet) and you cancel during your 36month payment plan For the modem that Optus covers, you will be charged the remaining months left over $7. So if you have only used the modem for one month you will be charged an exit fee of $7X35m for the modem
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Lalaland

If you're on one of our new Home Broadband plans there are no cancellation fees.

However, if you have our new 4G Back-Up modem, you will have to pay out the remaining cost of the Optus Ultra WiFi modem. The modem cost is $252 and this decreases each month you stay connected by $7, as the modem is on a 36-month term.

You can review your plan details in more depth as well by locating your Plan ID on your latest Optus bill and searching it on our Critical Information Summary (CIS) page.

I would also suggest messaging us via the My Optus App as we can look into your account details to give you the right information for your specific plan and to see if there is anything else we can do for you. The team are available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"If you're on one of our new Home Broadband plans there are no cancellation fees."

Optus always leads with this but IMO its pretty misleading. The average customer reads that and thinks they are up for no costs if they decide to go. However the modem "fee" is unavoidable and as such should be noted as effectively a 'cancellation fee'.

Like many Optus marketing processes (leasing, $10 excess data, premium sms) its yet another example of attempting to obscure future pitfalls that only leave a customer poorer and a bad taste in the mouth ("but I was told there would be no cancellation fees if I left..."
Top Contributors