cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Dhakir
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancellation of my optus sport service

Hi there ...

I tried to cancel my optus sport service but I couldn't , because I don't need it anymore .

Can you unsubscribe me please ??

Thank you & much appreciated

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Cancellation of my optus sport service

Hey @Dhakir, how did you go about attempting to cancel your Optus Sport subscription? The easiest to get this done is via your Optus.com.au/myaccount. You'd just need to follow these steps:

. Log into your Optus.com.au/myaccount

. Click on the Sport & Entertainment tab right at the top of your dashboard.

. Click on the Optus Sport tab.

. Click Manage subscription and follow the prompts to cancel. 

If you run into any difficulty, give us a shout. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
GPG
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

Im deciding what to do with my Sports subscription  now that Im being charged. I notice that I have no "sports and entertainment" tab in my dashboard.

Is there a reason that my be the case? Am I locked in somehow and unable to opt out?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JordanOptus
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @GPG, bit odd that the Sports and Entertainment tab isn't there for you 😕 Could just be an issue with the website, you definitely wouldn't be locked into the service. Your best bet would be having a chat with our Billing Team and they should be able to help out.

0 Kudos
optuskunts
New Contributor
New Contributor

I tried this too but there's no "manage subscription" tab.

0 Kudos
Nick_The_Name
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same case with me. Advertisements rambling for pages.

0 Kudos
JGill
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same trouble - can get to the page where I see my sports subscription and click the ‘manage’ button, but no option to cancel after that. I just get a page with this:

“There is already an Optus Sport subscription associated with this Optus service.

You can log into your Optus Sport account, or try again with a different Optus service.”

In addition to this, I cancelled month before last and it DID have the button to cancel, but it’s obviously defective because it didn’t get cancelled. Please fix your website Optus. We’re stuck with subscriptions we were told we could cancel at any time.’

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Thanks for letting us know @JGill, we really need to get that looked into.

In the interim, I'll go in and manually remove the subscription from your service. I'm happy to back date that to your original request date.

Can you fill out the template below and send that through via PM.

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:
Mobile number:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
JGill
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you very much DanC! That’s fantastic. Will fill out the info and send to you. Thanks for the great customer service. That’s definitely made up for it.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

I've just replied back mate, we'll chat with you there 🙂 

0 Kudos