cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Nat123
New Contributor

Can mobile broadband on a contract be migrated to NBN?

I have a mobile broadband contract with more than 12 months remaining. Can this be migrated into a NBN plan without having to payout the existing contract?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Can mobile broadband on a contract be migrated to NBN?

Technically no. You would want to look at your CIS to see what penalty clauses there are. Ultimately only an Optus employee that took pity on you could provide an answer. I would suggest LIVECHAT or OPTUS FACEBOOK and save a copy of any discussion in case things go wrong down the track.

Let us know if you get a yes.

Peter Gillespie
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Can mobile broadband on a contract be migrated to NBN?

I'd have a chat with our Moves/retention team →  1300 555 241 

It is a common scenario. Depending on your plan, there might not be any cancellation fee at all.  If you're paying off a device such as a modem, we may ask you to return the device in good working condition. Once we've received the device back, we'll go in and waive any outstanding equipment repayments. 

It wouldn't be a migration per se, we'd simply disconnect your Mobile Broadband service and sign you up for a brand-new NBN plan. If you have an existing email address attached, we can always transfer it across as well. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos