Searching...

Can I use my old modem with new plan?

Arolas

Recently I have updated my NBN plan. A new modem was sent out and that is all set up. The new modem/plan is absolutely horrendous. I have slow speeds (even on the 100MB/s speed pack my cabled PC averages at around 45 - while wifi from just 3 meters away averages at 10MB/s) and a horrible wifi connection.

With my old modem, I got great connectivity all over the house, never had slower speeds and never had drop outs. With the new modem I get both of those.

Is there any way to configure my old NBN modem to work with my new plan?

Re: Can I use my old modem with new plan?

Tris

Hi @Arolas, were you just changing NBN plans or migrating to an NBN service? Same model modem you had previously? Tris

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Arolas

@TrisJust updating the plan.

I was already on an NBN service with the same speed pack.,

Literally nothing has changed with my internet behaviours. Same usage, same devices using the net. Only thing that has changed is my plan.

I recieved a "new" modem as part of the upgrade. But it is one bad piece of technology.

They are completely different models, but both NBN modems.

Tris

Gotcha, no problem with using the old modem, no additional provisioning is required, you'd just need to plug it in Smiley Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ZAZ

QED put old modem back in

Like you am unhappy and my OPTUS modem is 2015 design

New modems cost heaps and I have not found the log in id on the old one so I am reluctnt to swapover mor einclined to press optus into sending me a new modem from the $80 planners who get a better one.

If you plug old one in and its better tell them where to stick the new one and get a refund.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos