Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Taffgmg
New Contributor
New Contributor

Calling uk from optus nbn phone

Since moving to Optus nbn from Dodo Broadband can no longer call parents in UK. The UK number is either constantly engaged or the call does not connect at all. More the latter lately.

Called Optus support who checked my account and reset my number and stated to wait for 4hrs before trying again. 

Problem still exists 24hrs layer and Optus support lines are busy so thought I would try his forum.

My parents are elderly and not being able to call is frustrating and isolating on both sides.

Any ideas please.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Calling uk from optus nbn phone

Does your home phone works for local calling? If yes, try to call another UK number and see if that works. If still not working then contact optus technical support, I found the live chat is usually  quicker

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

In the meantime touch base with your parents via another phone or mobile so they are not worry sick about you. If they have a smart phone over there..maybe use online services like Line/Whataspps etc..can even do video chat with them. Video shows a thousand emotions. 

good luck. hope that thing are sorted for you soon

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Calling uk from optus nbn phone

Hey @Taffgmg,

That definitely sounds pretty frustrating. Were we able to confirm if there was an international call barring in place? This is something that the customer would need to have requested from us, you should be able to call out internationally by default. I'd definitely suggest speaking with a consultant on live chat. You'll just need to ask them to check if there are any active call barrings on the service. Keep us updated with this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos