cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor geeaygee
Contributor

Caller ID on MAN Voip phonr

I notice that I no longer have called ID now that my phone is coming through the NBN. How can I reinstate Caller ID?

Thanks

GAG

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Caller ID on MAN Voip phonr

Hi @geeaygee, thanks for reaching out!

Did you want to display your numbers to others when you call out or were incoming calls coming through as private? Callers can request that their phone number is shown on outgoing calls either permanently, or on a per call basis. If you're wanting to display your number only to specific callers of you choosing, then you can try the following, when calling from a Fixed Line Phone, dial 1832 or *32 before the phone number you want to call. If you'd like to have this feature on a permanent basis, you'd need to contact us via live chatwww.optus.com.au/livechat/pbb or our tech team 131344.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor geeaygee
Contributor

Hi 

I want to be able to see who is calling. I was able to do this before connecting to the NBN.

Thanks

GAG

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@geeaygee, that's no problem. I can definitely go ahead and get this done for you. Feel free to send us a PM with your account details. We're after your full name, DOB and landline number. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor geeaygee
Contributor

Thanks. I now have Caller ID working but not Message Bank/Voicemail. I was told it had been activated and I turned my modem off then on but it still isn't working 😣

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm @geeaygee,

Was it working prior to the Caller ID change? Send through your details and we can definitely sort this out for you. Once we've provisioned voicemail on the service, well need you to Dial *96 (Star - Nine - Six) from your landline. You'll be prompted to set up a voicemail PIN and greeting. Look forward to hearing from you 🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor geeaygee
Contributor

Hi

I had a Message Bank/Voicemail prior to changing to the NBN.  Once on the NBN I no longer had Caller ID or Message Bank. After talking to a techie at Optus I now have Caller ID & was told that Message Bank had also been activated. However when I ring my home phone from my mobile it just rings continuosly & doesn't go to the Message Bank.

I tried the *96 & it still has the same message I did before we went to VOIP. Not sure if there is something else I have to do to get it working.

I did notice there are options for Time of Day & Group Messages - not sure what these are??

Thanks again

GAG

0 Kudos
Contributor geeaygee
Contributor

How do I PM you?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, sorry. The instructions are here @geeaygeehttps://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Yes-Crowd-FAQ-s/What-is-a-Private-Message-PM-and-how-do-I-send-one/.... We'll chat with you there; let us know once you've sent that through.

0 Kudos
Contributor geeaygee
Contributor

Hi Dan

I just sent a PM but its really late & I'm about to fall asleep. Will try & catch up again tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

GAG

0 Kudos
Top Contributors