Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Eleniinsydney
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cable disconnection

Dear All

When optus says that I will be disconnected on the 26th Feb from my old cable internet.

What exactly does this entail, do they come to my home and physically disconnect or is it just completed by them remotely.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Eleni

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: Cable disconnection

Hi @eleninsydney generally speaking, your existing cable service will disconnect on the planned disconnection date to make way for the NBN.

If you'd like to discuss your options, we recommend speaking to our Sales team directly. They're available via the My Optus App.

Alternatively, you'll be able to reach out to them over the phone on 1800 780 219.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Eleniinsydney wrote:

do they come to my home and physically disconnect

No, but you can request that come and remove, free of charge, the overhead cable, the roof pole that its connected to, and the connection box on the side of the house. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

They just shut it (and the whole suburb) down. Any plan you are on simply ends. No penalties. Also no internet.

Call Optus or any other ISP and get the NBN connected if you want internet.
0 Kudos