cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

COMPLAINTS and No NBN in Yanchep Western Australia

1. Meaning of the word Service
    “the action of helping or doing work for someone”

We have lost our NBN, however when you do a check on the app it says there are no reports of service faults. How ludicrous, Both my husband and I have been reporting the fault since yesterday and we even have a case number and a technician booked to come tomorrow. Of course this took a monumental amount of phone calls texts chats......you name it. Just press 1 for this service or 2 or 9 or 4 and then on hold for ages and then cut off and then you speak to Jono and then Roland and then Edison and a host of other people having to re explain yourself repeatedly. 
Dealing with telecommunications is a joke. And don’t give me the excuse that we are in a pandemic because this was happening long before a pandemic came along,

Sure your customer service people are very pleasant and I wouldn’t want their job for all the tea in China, because Optus as a company simply don’t provide the support and service for both staff and customer

Of course you want people to complain to optus at your link .. thats great but do they do anything .. .. NO, not in my experience .. You dont want customers to contact the TIO because if you cant fix it to the customer satisfaction optus receives financial penalty from the Ombudsman and as such Optus is held accountable from what I understand.   

I wish this company would just do the right thing in a professional and timely manner with genuine enthusiasm and care for the customer and the service, rather than hold people to ransom.  

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: COMPLAINTS and No NBN in Yanchep Western Australia

Hi @Prudence, it's not great to learn about the runaround that you've experienced and that you've been unable to connect to your NBN service since yesterday. I have marked this post as feedback so that our Service Teams can review and utilise this to help improve upon our services in future.

I'm glad to know that we've escalated your case and you have a technician booked to visit your property tomorrow. If you require further assistance after this appointment, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app → https://app.optus.com.au/msg-us?tags=OCAYCMSG with your case number and service address. Our Messaging Team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, you can also send through a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page with these details.

I can understand that it can be frustrating repeating yourself when speaking to different service agents. But, once your account details are verified, for privacy reasons via chat or private messaging we should be able to access your account and check notes left by previous agents that you've spoken with so that we can create a more seamless experience for you.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors