cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

CISCO DPW632 wireless dongle

Does the CISCO DPW632 wireless dongle still work with the 'new' NBN router. This is an 802.11N wireless adapter, which I had with the previous broadband router (from optus). Is there some other method or that is required for a wireless connection. The wireless  adapter is a USB plugin-to-the-USB type. Can this work with your current new NBN router (black tissue box 'new'Sagecom F@ST 5366 TN one?

And ýes' things do work with an ethernet cable - but who wants that running across doorways?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CISCO DPW632 wireless dongle

To properly meet the specifications for WiFi, all newer WiFi is backwards compatible with older iterations.  So while the current Optus device supports up to 802.11ac, it is also backwards with 802.11a, 801.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n.  So whilst it's unlikely that Optus will have specifically tested your Cisco device, it should "just work".  You may just find that you don't get the same speed as you would using a newer 802.11ac WiFi dongle.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors