cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: CHANGED FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 AND NOW "NO INTERNET" CONNECTION

PS - forgot to add - from your PC . when you do an 'ipconfig/all' entry in the CMD Command screen, do you see Primary and Secondary DNS Servers which are identical to the DNS servers in the Sagemcom Modem? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor ArikB2003
Occasional Contributor

I will have to try this tonigh when I get home.

Thanks for the reminder.

ArikB

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ArikB2003
Occasional Contributor

I used a different dongle (Belkin) and found out it only support Windows 7 so I thought it could be the problem. I bought a new one from Officeworks that supports Windows 10 and installed the driver. The result was just the same with my old dongle. Yes I removed the connection from Optus router and redo everything like scanning it freshly, put the SSID again and password but to no good.

I was planning to disable first the TrendMicro antivirus or probalbly unintall it for the meantime then re-install later. I highly suspected it could be the one blocking my internet access.

I'm using Firefox by the way.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

What is the make and model of the new dongle?

Have you tried your old dongle since upgrading to W10?

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sounds like a straight forward set up issue. Possibly the dongle is busted. Perhaps try it on a friend's PC.

Petey Gillespie

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Sorry I am little confuse with where it the connection fails over. 

Optus modem -> wifi -> dongle ->PC

You said reinstall the dongle and scan the SSID and not working, is that means you can't connect to the wifi network at all? But at ealier post you said that you can see the Optus Modem webpage? 

1. Is your internet working? Can you connect to the internet with your phone to the Optus modem? 

2. Can your dongle connect to the Optus modem? Maybe try different USB port.

3. Can the PC connect to the internet. 

My suggestion is connect your PC to the modem via a network cable and let all the windows update and instalation to complete. See if you can get a internet connection. Remove the dongle and  uninstall all the wifi associated drivers and programs. Download the lastest program from the dongle on while you are connected. Reboot and install the new program and driver. Connect back the dongle and see if it is working. Try to connect to the Optus modem. If failed, turn on Hotpot or Teethering on your mobile and see if the dongle can connect and have an internet connection. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy