Searching...

Broken Optus complaint process

enoughalready
Optus is killing me!  I'm a long time, multiple product customer who is very unhappy. Let me play this back to you.

1. I call Optus to complain about my NBN service on March 6 and I'm told I have to hold for 30 minutes...
2.  So I then register a complaint on Optus website on March 7. 
3. I receive a text message from a bot pretending to be a person saying they will be in touch on March 12 to discuss my complaint.
4. On March 12 I receive another bot text message saying "sorry I missed you" (huh?) and for me to send an email with a reference number to Customer Relations.
5. I dutifully send an email the same day, March 12 and receive an automated reply (are there no humans involved here ??) saying that they will reply in 10 BUSINESS DAYS.
6. With that SLA, Optus will somehow be in touch with me by March 26.  TWENTY DAYS after my first contact with Optus.  How on earth is this acceptable ??

Re: Broken Optus complaint process

homedad77

try their online chat via your phone, or call their tech support directly. i guess theyre assuming that it isnt that important if you couldnt hold for more than 30 minutes Smiley Happy

messages... notes left or even emails... just try and imagine how old these kids are who are responsible for responding to your messages. think of their sense of responsibility. we are all nothing but just a number... something to add to their daily quota of "responded emails/complaints" so that their performance review will give them a nice payrise. their team leaders are most probably not even technical at all. all they look at are these auto generated reports showing the amount of emails were responded to. whether its been solved or not is probably not their concern. as long as its been marked as ''actioned"... it means it has been seen and passed on to the correct department. what happens after that is no longer their reponsibility. 

hehe.. yep... i must be bored for spending the time typing that up. lol

enoughalready

Thanks homedad for the dose of reality.  I tried the chat approach the other day and after two handoffs and 30 minutes (!?!?), I was finally put in touch someone who I thought was empowered to help me.  It took this person 15 minutes to locate my complaint in their system.   Get ready for it:  she then said she would pass this on to customer service who would be in touch in 3-5 business days... Foolish me, I had asked to be put in touch with customer service, and I made the mistake of assuming the third person I was talking to was just that.  Oh no, only at the end of my call with her did she disclose she was with NBN billing and all she could do was record and submit my complaint.  Wait, I already did that?  I guess I just need to suck it up and call them.  Their other suggestion is that I go into a store.  Oh right, that's efficient.  Like a person in a store will be empowered or even care.   What an infernal waste of time this is.  I'm really hating Optus at the moment.

homedad77

lol... yehhh.... nothing you can do but just shake that head in dismay. dont give up though. try calling during business hours... you'd normally reach someone from Australia. but once its end of business day already... calls and support will then be directed to India or Philippines. 

cheers

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos