cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor helmie
Contributor

Bridge Mode for Sagemcom 3864V3 AC

Hi,

I would like to know, after reading so many articles about it but still non the wiser, can the Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 AC be configured into full Bridge Mode with only the Phone ability available.

NBN is FTTC

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Bridge Mode for Sagemcom 3864V3 AC

I know this vague answer won’t help... Unless soemthing has changed, bridge mode disables all that sort of stuff.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor helmie
Contributor

Hi and thanks Dave for coming back,

Yes I have it solved, not by my own I got a IT Networking tech in and he fixed it.

I have now the NBN Modem connected to the Optus Router (Sagemcom) which in turn is connected to my own existing D-Link Router.

My WiFi is as before done by the D-Link so I didn't have to change anything SSID or passwords and the Optus Sagemcom is handling the Home Phone and so far it is all working faultlessly. (Fingers crossed no outages yet)

So yes it can be done, but I have to admit I would not have been able to do it myself.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Be interesting if it’s in bridge mode or just wifi turned off and Ethernet to the D-link.. Still happy it’s all sorted Smiley Wink

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor RogerRamjett
New Contributor

Any chance you could tell us what the settings are now? This might shed some light on what your tech did. I need to do this exact thing with my third party router.

Previously we had the cable modem that allowed bridge mode natively but since the forced switch to NBN, the Sagemcom modem is not letting me set it up as before. Thanks

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor aceref1
Occasional Contributor

Would you be able to post some photos as this is EXACTLY the problem that I have that OPTUS ahve refused to help with.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors