Searching...
Accepted Solution

Better NBN modem than the provided Sagemcom.

ChipMolly

Is there a better NBN modem than this rather hopeless piece of device? Poor signal coverage, speeds dropping to pre ADSL era during busy periods, and periodic disconnections. Any Optus NBN approved modems I can spend money on? I want something top of the range.

IMG_0896.JPG

Highlighted
Solution

Re: Better NBN modem than the provided Sagemcom.

Hannah-L

Hi @ChipMolly, apologies for the late response. We have a newer version of the Sagemcom F@st 3864, it's a dual-band AC WiFi model. If you'd like me to check whether your existing modem can be replaced under warranty please send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number.

Albus

I have one of the newer AC Sagemcom WiFi Routers and it is not that good at all for WiFi coverage to say the least.  The Netgear WiFi Modem Router I was using on Optus network pre NBN was way better.  At present I have such poor coverage in my house that I have to reconnect several times a day to get a WiFi connection just for basic social media.

ChipMolly

Do you know anyone who's successfully configured a store bought modem for optus NBN?

AlexRH

Heya @ChipMolly, I've replied to your PM - let us know if you're still needing assistance Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Albus

Hi @ChipMolly I would be interested in this also.  I have the dualband version, Sagemcom 3864AC, which apparently is not twice as good as yours maybe just as bad or worse.  I understand from other posts is that Optus will let you buy something decent BUT will not give you the SIP codes, that is the information needed to connect the phone (the picture you have posted it looks like you are using this function too), which means that you will have internet but no Optus phone service.

It is interesting that the Moderators jump to PM mode to provide some information ..... when it may be of help to others on this forum and mean we can get our connection working properly.

Hope the solution given works for you.

Suttoinc

Hi, can anyone tell me how can I tell if I have the duel band AC version or the regular version of the Optus modem.  I know I am paying for the better one but I suspect they only sent the regular one in the mail.  I have not been able to find any mention of AC in the documentation and the model no. Is the same as the old ADSL version apart from the OP NBN at the end instead of just ADSL.

Albus

As far as I understand the AC, or dual band, model is 3846AC.  It is probably black and the model number is on the box and also the Router itself.  I think the AC model is Black and the single band version is White.  Hope this helps.  If you are paying for the better one there must be a third version Smiley Embarassed).

Hannah-L

Hey @Suttoinc, what @Albus has suggested is correct. The white Sagemcom 3864OP is single band and the black Sagemcom 3864AC is dual band. Smiley Happy

Ken68

Hi Hannah,

I have just got connected to optus home cable broadband today and I am quite disappointed at the moment. In my initial order, I upgraded the modem to Sagemcom 3864AC and paid extra $40 for it. But when installation completed, the modem supplied was Sagemcom 3864OP. question is How do I return the 3864OP and get the 3864AC as a replacement? I've got pictures of order document and work order completion document which say that the modem supplied was 3864AC, and I also have pictures of the actual modem installed at my premises which in fact the white Sagemcom 3864OP.

Thank you

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos