cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
timeless
New Contributor
New Contributor

Below Standard Intermittent Low speed NBN Service. They will not wave the termination penalty

Optus think they are not in the breach of contract:

1. From the start my NBN service was a total failure. Instead of max 4 hours, the activation took onemonth. Thanks god I still had ADSL+ connected.

2. Following this in the last 3 months the speed drops sometimes to 1 Mbit/s instead of 25. Even Chrome refuses to work.

3.There is at least one dropout a day,  many times it does not rectify itself but magically service is restored after modems reset.

4.My phone is connected to this unstable network so there is no purpose of having it. Once it is blocked I cannot call anybody until at home until I come baack and reset. This phone is iportant as it does not go low on battery or is getting stuffed somewhere so no one can hear it.

5. Sometimes there is no internet connection or phone for up to two or three days.

6. Two months ago I had an emergency and had to pay roaming fees from overseas to talk to my wife instead of Skype for free.

7. My Mobile broadband usage and fees increase because of poor performance of the home connection 

8. Customer support repetively tells to power of modems or sestore factory settings. Nothing really gets done

All this is not enough for Optus to wave my contract termination fees as if this was not the breach of contract and violation of consumer protection laws.

Is it fair to pay for the service you do not have in full?

I will terminate this contract irrespetive and gradually move all my other devices somewhere else. 

There were times I was extremaly happy with Optus. Very happy, but it seems the service quality gradually degrades.'

There is no more SMS surveys "how happy I am", It becomes more difficult to find phones to contact people. Before I could do it from just one mobile phone #1510, but now I have to specifically search the net for other numbers. It is impossible to find any suefull number to call people by just navigating "contact us" pages. They just do not want to hear from you. No surprise, they may have too many angry customers. Online chat was once hard to engage so I stopped trying.

Is it only me or there are more of us?

I need to contact people if they are penalised like me for poor service. Is that legal?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Below Standard Intermittent Low speed NBN Service. They will not wave the termination penalty

There is usually a couple of NBN victims here each day. Typically they say you can get out of a non-performing connection, by using the TIO complaints, or somesuch. We never hear back from them.

Some people have to try Telstra, but we don't hear back from them, either. I don't know why the Optus modem is so bad it drops  out all the time. We hear that a lot.

timeless
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Below Standard Intermittent Low speed NBN Service. They will not wave the termination penalty

Thanks for this response.

I was "reassured" by a member of "cancellation team" they will not wave the penalty.

0 Kudos
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

Well, there's your leverage ^^. You will know in a week. The problem is what next. You have to ask around your street. Go door knocking, and see how Telstra victims are doing.

Otherwise, Optus has 100GB month to month 4G plans with Netflix/Stan/iView, and a 140GB one which requires a 12month, 30% penalty committment.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors