cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Disney
New Contributor

Being charged for home phone but can't use, cause NBN modem in different room. Who do I speak to?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Being charged for home phone but can't use, cause NBN modem in different room. Who do I speak to

The phone is free unless you have opted for the $5-$20 extra packs. Just contact Optus on live chat and ask them to remove the bolt ons. 

Its easy enough to get a wireless phone for under $150 you can use in any room if you want to try that option.

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Disney
New Contributor

Re: Being charged for home phone but can't use, cause NBN modem in different room. Who do I speak to

Ty, will try again I guess, I spoke to someone in billing yesterDay and explained to her we can't use the home phone to cut it off, because when I signed up I did say I wanted the home phone so now are being charged $12.75 per month for rental, and calls. But when NBN technician came he said I could not have the NBN modem next to the phone and it was put in another room. The person on the phone said I didn't need to do anything, I was paying this amount a month and that's all. This is not true, on my first bill I was charged the plan amount and then the extra. So hard to explain anything to these people on the phone. I must have spent 10 hours the last week trying to get the NBN activated to sorting this mess out. I don't want to buy a cordless phone, I had one before and chucked it out, anyhow with 4 mobiles in the house we don't need a home phone now. 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

@Disney What NBN plan are you on? Most NBN plan has a landline attached(home phone), like @petergdownload unless you ask for any extra bot on, then it is part of the NBN plan. Getting a cheap cordless phone would let you use the home phone around the house, eg https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/uniden-dect1715-cordless-phone?variant=14611779551330

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors