cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Adam12
New Contributor
New Contributor

Being charged for NBN when my service has been cancelled for 3 months.

We have had issues with Optus ever since we assigned relocation on the 4th of May 2020. We did this at the end of March 2020, however due to  Optus having American trained operators, they scheduled our relocation for the 5th of April 2020. Since that day, we have had no NBN and after 15 calls to Optus to get the relocation revoked and once we had finally moved more calls to get the relocation finalised. We gave up with frustration and went to another provider who was able to connect us within 24hours. No excuses, no repeated calls and drop outs with no calls back.

Since 5th April 2020, I have been charged $92.00 each month for internet I do not have on an account that is inactive and not even registered. After more repeated phone calls to Optus, I was asked to wait on hold for 25 mins so they could cancel my account. This is very poor customer service, when I expressed my annoyance at being put on hold so they could cancel me, I was assured it would not take much longer, 10 mins later. I hung up.

What can I do to reclaim the $368.00 that has already been deducted for services not provided?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Being charged for NBN when my service has been cancelled for 3 months.

@Adam12  Go the old fashioned way, write a letter and Optus will send you a cheque.

Optus Customer Relations Group

PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos