cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor kazal
New Contributor

Back to Base alarm for NBN UNI-V PORT ACTIVATION

Hi,

I am moving from Telstra NBN to optus nbn. Telstra got IP POTS NBN UNI-V1 port for separate phone line for back to base alarm or Medical device. Why optus didn't introduce it ? 

It is dissappoiinted that optus doesn't have option back to base or medical equipment compatabilty nbn option.

Optus is using voip phone. Instead of voip option i am using Telstra IP POT and telstra configure UNI-V1 in NBN NTD box

if optus will introduce it they will get more customer.

Please advise product manager for NBN IP POTS / NBN UNI-V1 in the NBN NTD box.

Thanks

kazal

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Back to Base alarm for NBN UNI-V PORT ACTIVATION

Hi @kazal, appreciate the concern.

At this stage, all NBN home phone services are supplied via your Optus Supplied VOIP enabled router.

We have no plans to enable the UNI-V ports with Optus. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor kazal
New Contributor

Hi 

I know Optus doesn't have plans to enable the UNI-V ports with Optus. 

Telstra doesn't have as well . When i told or requet them i have back to base alarm they provided IP POTS to enable the UNI-V ports in the NBN NTD BOX. By default all the serive provider provide voip phone.

Some circumstance they can provide IP POTS to enable the UNI-V ports in the NBN NTD BOX.

My question is why optus doesn't geting initiative to provide IP POTS to enable the UNI-V ports in the NBN NTD BOX.

I think it is not hard to configure UNI-V in the  NBN NTD BOX.

Please let me know if you can enable in future or discuss with product manager.

Thanks

kazal

0 Kudos
New Contributor Leo18
New Contributor

Hi there ,,

I am also in a similar situation where my Back to Base alarm system is functioning because of NBN connection. I still do not know howto get it back working. Different advics from different people including the alarm company. Basically at the end of the day, its coming down as no internet no back to basic monitoring! If the internet is down ... no security!!! What is this technology??? I am frustrated Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
New Contributor Leo18
New Contributor

sorry correction... my Back to base alarm system is NOT working when NBN connected ....

0 Kudos
New Contributor kazal
New Contributor

I think only option optus needs to activate NBN UNI-V PORT ACTIVATE. if Telstra can do i dont' understand why optus can't. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor DaniellePiralis
New Contributor

We have had NBN since Feb 2012. Signed with Superloop (Nu...

We have had NBN since Feb 2012. Signed with Superloop (Nuskope, Devoted NBN) until 2 moths ago. Uni-v service (IP Pots) ran without a hitch until Superloop decided to go data only, forcing us to find a new provider to get same service....went with Telstra, as nobody else offers uni-v (IP Pots). Still no home phone and no alarm back to base working yet with Telstra. Was finally advised yesterday that Telstra CANNOT provide the service I thought I was signing up for. Now have to confirm that alarm is nbn compatible (as I told Telstra....it must be as it has been working without any issues for 7 and a half years). Telstea also said for priority assist (uni-v service), I would need to have a terminal illness....so in summary, unless I have a terminal illness that needs a medical alarm, Telstra CANNOT provide uni-v service either.

WHY, WHY, WHY DOESN'T OPTUS LOOK INTO PROVIDING UNI-V SERVICE (IP POTS)???????? 

Our mobile service is with OPTUS and we are very happy. We want to go with OPTUS, but they don't offer the service we require.

In this day and age, nearly every 2nd home has a back to base alarm and require uni-v service. NBN co have pushed all problems to providers & providers cannot proved the service people require.

WHAT HAS THE GOVERNMENT IMPLEMENTED???? MORE HEADACHES AND MORE COST TO THE EVRYDAY HOUSEHOLDER!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Alarms are moving to using the mobile network instead of...

Alarms are moving to using the mobile network instead of POTS.
Phone service via UNI-V cost is a multitude higher then voice through the telcos own router - hence why its used.
Nothing stopping you signing up for a UNI-V service with another telco as your one of the lucky ones that has uni-v ports, my FTTC does not.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Telstra offer UNI-V1 because they have to. No other RSP d...

Telstra offer UNI-V1 because they have to. No other RSP does (or will). If that functionality is important to you then sign up with Telstra.
Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
New Contributor DaniellePiralis
New Contributor

Thsnks Peter. Unfortunately I did sogn up with Telstra, a...

Thsnks Peter.
Unfortunately I did sogn up with Telstra, and as I posted, I have NOT been connected properly and still do NOT have a home phone working. My post was to raise the issue of why optus don't offer the service. I wpuld rather deal with optus. I have had everything working completely fine for nearly 8 years...go with telstra and nothing works the way I was assured it would. Why should householders have to pay loads of money to upgrade alarm systems, etc.. to have things work the way they did????
0 Kudos
Top Contributors