Searching...
Highlighted

BYO modem won't connect to NBN FTTP

tpdave

We have a BYO modem that has worked for over a year on FTTP.  We have relocated office over the weekend.  Optus have said it is activated and they can see there is a router connected, but on this end we get no internet.  

Do I need to enter my username and password in the router, or should it work on DHCP config as it did previously at the old premises?  

It works fine when I connect it to a different UNI-D port, still connected from a previous tenant.  

Re: BYO modem won't connect to NBN FTTP

Paddylee

For new services the Optus accounts system is waiting to see the supplied router plugged in to finish the voice activation and therefore complete the order.

I would think same rules apply for relocation as its a new activation.

No username/pass is required for Optus NBN. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

tpdave

Optus have confirmed they can see the router from their end and has activated the service.  

petergdownload

What happens if you just connect a PC stright into the Optus UNI-D port and reboot it?

Are you sure the active UNI-D port isn't now actually Optus?

Peter Gillespie 

tpdave

UNI-D port is definitely iiNet.  Connect a laptop - get nothing.  

I have now found an Optus modem.  WAN lights come on, but doesn't connect to internet.  I'm back on hold to them so they can now support the Optus modem.  

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos