cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Senna440
New Contributor

BYO Unifi Router/Switch with VoIP phones FTTP NBN

Hi,

Im thinking of purchasing a unifi switch and router and wondering if I will be able to still have my VoIP phones working if the original router supplied by optus is plugged into the unifi switch with its gateway set to the unifi router. I've seen similar posts on this forum but the optus router sits behind the byo router inbetween the NTU. I've made a very basic Visio diagram to try an make my idea clearer.

Reference Post: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/BYO-Voip-Router/td-p/533071

Basic Diagram.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: BYO Unifi Router/Switch with VoIP phones FTTP NBN

What you propose would work just fine, make sure you forward port 5060 at the IP assigned to the Optus router for your phone service to work correctly.

Optus doesn't supply the SIP details due to support boundaries, there is way too many ways to skin a cat when it comes to VoIP setups... and it's impossible to support every single outcome (especially for scripted support).

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors