Searching...
Highlighted

BYO Modem.

Miledone

Hello all. I am beginner attempting  to set up a D-link, DSL-5300, AC 5300 Cobra Modem/Router to FTTN. I am getting rid of my Sagemcom modem as it is extremely unreliable and drops out continious basis and has poor reception. Any suggestions on how to set this modem up to the NBN would be much appreciated.

Re: BYO Modem.

Jeneral__Pain

You need to be aware, you do this at your OWN RISK. Optus will not provide you any support on this device, and any NBN Faults will not be sent off without being proved on the S@GEM.

Now, replacing the modem won't necessarily solve "drops", unless the drops you refer too is WiFi quality which isn't a "drop out". But sadly because drop out is used so broadly without more info it's hard to say.

DSL Standard/Mode/Modulation:
VDSL2
Connection Type/Mode/WAN Type:IPoE or Dynamic IP address
VDSL Profile:17a Multi Mode
Username:N/A
Password:N/A
G.INP:Enabled
G.Vector:Enabled
I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

SillyGogo

@Miledone also you might lose the Optus VOIP phone. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

newline

IPoE/Dynamic IP sometimes shown as DHCP, depending on vendor. Unsure in this case.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
52 Kudos
30 Kudos
23 Kudos
18 Kudos