Searching...

BYO Modem

Tourettes

I'm not happy with Sagemcom modem supplied by Optus and from the many internet posts I can see I'm not alone. I'm thinking of buying a TP-Link Archer VR600V A1600 Wireless Gigabit VoIP VDSL/ADSL Modem Router . This is similar if not the same as the one supplied by TPG and Internode. Does anyone know if this will function on the Optus network and if the VOIP phone will also work.

Thanks

Re: BYO Modem

ConfusedJen

Yes it does work. If you find my post here you can find how to connect the TP-Link https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Do-I-need-a-username-amp-password-for-NBN/td-p/437537/page/3

Highlighted

Re: BYO Modem

primosolada
Jen has answered about the TP-Link. It's clear that the VOIP facility only works with the Optus modem, because Optus has hidden settings that would be required on a third party device. That is a business decision on Optus' part. As I understand it, your choices are these: . put up with the poor quality Sagem (in your case, you should be able to feed from there to your TP-Link) . put up with some dodgy workaround (plenty of things to try in the Whirlpool threads) . choose a friendly provider (who will reveal the VOIP settings) There is only one NBN, so it doesn't matter much which provider you're paying. As long as they meet your needs :-)
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos