Ask a Question
Zga
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I solved Attachment Problems for Optus Web Mail

Can not attach files to Optus Webmail using Windows 10 and Google Chrome
I fixed the problem by doing the following

Open Google Chrome Browser
Go to the top right and click on the three dots (customise and control)
Select HELP near the bottom of the popup screen
Then select About Google Chrome
This will Update Google Chrome
When it is finished follow the prompts (instructions)
This will ask you to restart Google Chrome to complete the update

Personally i did a reboot (restart of PC)

When all is done open your Optus Web Mail and select NEW (blank email)
and then attach your File and send it to yourself to make sure it is working
It may help to type the word Attached in the body of the email.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: I solved Attachment Problems for Optus Web Mail

Thanks Zga.

I have received an update that a patch was applied last night and it appears to have solved the problem.

The patch was specifically for Chrome/Chromium browsers as the issue wasn't able to be reproduced on other browsers.

If anyone is continuing to experience the problem please sing out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you everyone for your input. I just uploaded that Windows update and I can now attach files, send them (to myself!) and open the attachments

0 Kudos
ronje1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm using Google NOT Google Chrome.

It follows then that the problem is NOT simply google chrome as its common to both.

There's a better than even chance that it'll return with the next update to the google product which turns out to be incompatible. So don't go counting chickens just yet.

Ray_YC

If you do work for Optus, I can't see what your role has been in this.

Is your job to act as a early warning signal for widespread problems with the Optus network?

If so, then the passage of information is two way. NOT simply advising people to contact Optus to reinforce the "gravity of the problem".

Those people want to hear that the problem has been acknowledged by Optus and what progress is being made in solving it.

Its YOUR job to act as the "go-between" (or should be) instead of simply advising people to ring Optus on telephone numbers that don't work. Why don't they work??

Because of Optus's poorly thought out and implemented policy wrt Covid 19.

On this occasion, Optus's silly Covid 19 priority of only responding to critical enquiries got in the way of common sense.  

Anyway, I've commenced the process of leaving Optus (as I said I would) with the 3 family mobile phones already transferred to another provider.

The internet/home phone is next.

As inconvenient as it is with a change of internet address involved, I won't continue paying good money to an organisation that does NOT provide a reasonable standard of service.

0 Kudos
qserve
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

After issue with attachments....now web mail is terribly slow...when can optus get this right !!

0 Kudos
Rich0man
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: uploading photos to web mail

Have had this problem for the last year and now use GMAIL without any problems .

Answers from Oplus state anywhere from 5 to 12 mb dependent on which support person you speak to.

Would love to know why it always says the file is too big ...Using Chrome and my webmail usage or memory is less than 50%.

0 Kudos
ronje1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: uploading photos to web mail

The NBN network is "under-gunned" to be able to handle business communications now being carried out from residences via the NBN.  They weren't doing home business comms before Covid and the system  got along OK.  Now its congested as hell BEFORE it gets to OPTUS webmail.  By 9.15 each day, OPTUS webmail is so congested that it barely works at all (let alone load something as an attachment). 

In the period 12 - 2 pm (over the busness lunch time), it gets a little better.  

Look to the right of OPTUS'S invitation to post on this message facility (in red) "Optus support teams are only able to respond to critical enquiries right now".  Optus made a commercial decision to place initial support enquiries overseas and when those centres got hit by co-vid, there was no support available in Aus.  Telstra did exactly the same thing for the same result. Don't lose any tears over either of them.