Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

uploading photos

how has everyone got around this new problem with optus webmail, please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can't add an attachment to my webmail

Don't know which bright spark said it was solved.

Its not. 

Same problem with uploading attachments onto a message here and its NOT slow upload speed as I was told by Optus.

Did a speedtest for Optus guy and got speeds of 23.7 mbs down and 4.2 mbs upload.

Guy said the slow 4.2 upload was the problem.

Got it upgraded to 18.5 mbs upload and STILL have the same problem.

Optus claims that support teams are only able to respond to critical enquiries but if you want to be a new customer you can get through ok.

The problem is a systemic one with the Optus network and NOT just a bunch of people having individual non-related separate problems of the same kind.

Any Optus reps get on here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: uploading photos

@julieks You could setup a Gmail account, better security, spam and malware protection, can be used with any internet connection and no hassle if you change service providers.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Attachments rejected

Just recently I am now no longer able to attach files from my computer.  I receive an error message stating that there was an error in loading the attachment.  

This has never occurred before - it is only a recent issue.  I don't believe that I have altered any settings in Optus webmail that has affected this function

I am using Optus webmail on windows 10 via Google Chrome.  The files are less than 1 Mb and generally .doc or .pdf files.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: uploading photos

Thank you Tigers1719.  This is a new problem for me.  I am happy with my optus webmail

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue, no problem on webmail allowance, just can't load any kind of file, and it has been more than a week.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dear All

It worked ok for me with Firefox.

Hope this helps.

PS: No reply from Optus.....other than excuses, even after 2 complaints. I have lodge aN official complaint to Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have been experiencing the same problem for about 5 days now (never before). I have windows 10 (auto updates) version 1909 and use Chrome. I get an error message saying attachment failed (tried with draft message and a forward message)

its a disgrace Optus are ignoring a problem for so many (nearly all??) users

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Finally got through to somebody within Optus who could tell me what's going on.

There is indeed a systemic problem within the Optus NBN e-mail network where people have been reporting uploading problems.  I'm told that Optus has a impacted list in excess of 100 customers.

Optus now says that its taking the reports seriously due to the large number of customers impacted.

I suggested that there were actually multiples of that number affected and pretty angry at not being told in this notice board nor being able to contact Optus due to their concentration on Covid stuff. 

I also pointed out that despite Optus claiming that Covid related issues were top priority, that did NOT stop Optus from taking on more customers at the expense of assisting existing customers with systemic problems.

I invited Optus to get a representative onto this noticeboard to let everybody know what was going on.  I was told that would happen.

Optus has a complaint reference number of 22697592 in respect of the problem.

I have 2 telephone numbers to talk directly to the techo people.

1800676120 and press "option 2".  You'll get a customer relations person from outer Patagonia or somewhere.  Ask to be put through to the techo section.

the other number is 1300300427 to get the techos.  

The more complaints that they get, the quicker it will be fixed.

a lot

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

when I try to attach a photo to an email I get a message saying error occurred when uploading attach

0 Kudos