Searching...
Highlighted

Asus RT-AC68U setup

Tazzz94

Hi all,

So I bought a Asus RT-AC68U yesterday and I have connected it to my Optus modem. All the lights are good and everything leading towards it connecting but it just will not connect to the internet. I contacted Optus earlier this morning and they said that the router won't work for NBN. Not sure if this is true or not, but if not can anyone help me set this up? Thanks in advance

Re: Asus RT-AC68U setup

SamSam

What type of NBN service do you have? And do you intend to use the home phone service Optus includes with most NBN services? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

MRSKNOWITALL

If you know what sort of NBN network you are on, I can give you the most relevant information. Because depending if you have FTTP or FTTN you can just hook it up through the wall sockets (if the modem is compatible). Try Optus Tech Support on 131 344 or 1300 300 427 and ask them what sort of service you have so you can adjust the setting to the nbn service your on, to actually check if your device is compatible. If your still on copper have you hooked your modem through an ethernet cable from your Optus Modem? I would also look for your receipt for that modem youve purchased, incase its not compatible so you can return the device for a compatible one.

[ Edited ]
Tazzz94

@SamSam I'm not sure which type I exactly have but no setup inside the house has changed, modem just goes to the wall socket like ADSL2+ used to and there is no grey box on the house anywhere, so I think it is FTTC and yes we want to use the home phone aswel

Tazzz94

Righto, I'll give them a call and find out. Thanks

petergdownload

The router should work fine with some tweaking.  The questions @SamSam  asks need answers though to move forward.

Peter Gillespie

Tazzz94

@petergdownload  That sounds ideal. I believe I answered his questions if I've missed anything let me know

petergdownload

@Tazzz94 ,

You can check your NBN type here (its good to know). If it is FTTC then lucky you. That's the second best technology option (after fibre) and can easily do 100Mbps or even 300Mbps usually.

Why have you bought the new modem? Are you wanting to improve the WiFi?

Peter Gillespie

Tazzz94

@petergdownload Yes I bought this router to improve the wi-fi and the NBN type is FTTN.

MRSKNOWITALL

OK and just confirming, you have already moved to NBN yea? It really depends on the service because if you did have ADSL2+ and you have moved to NBN, you could actually (MIGHT) be on HFC.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos