cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Nighthawk6s
New Contributor
New Contributor

Apn Setting For My Lax20 Nighthawk 4G Backup Modem

Hi can anyone help me with the details of optus apn fields I need to enter?
APN :
USERNAME:
PASSWORD
PDP-TYPE:
AUTHENTICATION;
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Apn Setting For My Lax20 Nighthawk 4G Backup Modem

Hi, @Nighthawk6s

You can find a list of our Optus APN's and other technical settings for our services on our Support Page.

If you're still needing a hand,  we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app.
Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Nighthawk6sDepending on what plan you are on you may not get the SIM to work on the Nighthawk as Optus LOVE grrrrrrr to do stupid things IMHO with plans in that they lock at the back end different plans to different type of devices. For example some phone SIMS do not work in 4G modems and some 4G modem plans as of the latest plans do not work in some of the older Optis modems (previous 4G plans with a different name, but on the same Optus 4G page work grrrrrr).

If you get stuck you will be told by Optus that they only support list XYZ and the nighthawk is not on the list. I would head on over to whirlpool and see if/how other people got the Nighthawk to work with Optus.

0 Kudos
Nighthawk6s
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your help,
I had it working at one Stage and I had a 225mb/s download. I am unable to get it back working again since I was instructed by optus technical support to eject the sim and insert it again. I have a feeling that the optus support member was trying to get the sim backup details of the sim card and I am since getting a invalid simcard error message but I am getting a status of connection to the network and it is displaying a connection type of FDD so the other request I had to also do was factory default the router and I have lost the details of the successful values I believe that I had either internet or yesinternet apn settings and a username of optus and password of optus or guest guest or optus and blank or blank. It will work but I want to know what the correct informationon is. It was using the LTEBROADBAND2 apn on the sagemcom but authentication and sign in informationon is not included to view on the restricted access router optus provides. The sagemcom is not worth the shipping costs to receive the best part of the device which is the "4g backup sim card" but it does have a use of my VoIP gateway system as a 2nd router on the Nighthawk so control is now handled by that. The firmware has actually corrupted on sagemcom and I can't log into the settings any more so it will be a gateway until it actually stops working and I will get one of my many optus modems to replace it.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ NIGHTHAWK6S - Definitely get that this would be frustrating and our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Can you please take out the SIM again and make sure its inserted correctly. I'd also recommend to factory reset the modem so that it revert back to its original settings. To reset your modem, please follow these instructions → Turn the back of your modem towards you. Tap and hold the Factory reset button for about 7 seconds using a sharp-pointed object (such as a paper clip). Wait while your modem restores the factory default settings.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors