Searching...

Re: Anyone experiencing very slow NBN speed tonight? like 4Mbps?

Uncle_Elmer

I am in Elsernwick 3185 and have the same problem as we speak (Tuesday evening) - 3Mbps download. Saturday morning I was getting 45Mbps.

Have reset modem to no avail.

Mods please reach out.

alexhuynh98

This has also been happening to me for the last few days. Started at the beginning of the easter holidays around the 30/03/2018, i'm with nbn and this happens throughout the day even when there isn't anyone home using the net. It spikes and drops out every now and then. Only solution so far is restarting the modem and its still going. Mods could you pm me please.

Shauna

Hey @Uncle_Elmer - can't see any issues in that area. Can you please private message me with your details? We'll take a further look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Uncle_Elmer

Hi @Shauna

Seems to be back to normal this morning with 48Mbps. I'll check again this evening to see if it is related to time of day. Thanks.

ivanterrible

I guess i'm not the only one. My speed worst at evening at only 3-5Mbps, even at 6AM right now is only 15-17Mbps. I'm at 25Mbps plan. Tech support supposed to call me back 3 days ago to follow up but never did. I give up and i'm thinking to move to cheaper provider as i'm paying $90 right now. With $90, i can get 100Mbps anywhere. This is not fair for me.

antinoz

Similar issues in Lyndhurst. 66mbps during the day, less than 6mbps in the evening. The helpful Optus tech tried to blame the router, which is interesting as it happens consistently at around the same times every night when people actually want to stream content. Makes my HD Netflix and FetchTV a waste of money.

ivanterrible

I'm not sure why. To check if the router is faulty or not, just plug the network cable directly from NBN box to your PC.

Unfortunately our problems came from optus slow connection

JordanOptus

Hey ivanterrible, feel free to shoot me a private message with your full name, DOB, and account/service number and we can take a further look into it.

Highlighted

Uncle_Elmer

@Shauna

Happening again. Back to 4Mbps. Will PM you.

ivanterrible

It has been the 4 weeks like this now. Barely get 15Mbps or above everyday. I paid for 25Mbps. I'm just too tired to call tech supports as they suggested me the same thing again and again.

At the moment, all i get is 3-7 Mbps. That's morning.

If I get 16 or 18 Mbps in the evening then that's pretty reasonble but i don't get that at all and all i get is 2-3Mbps now.

I still have 1 year left on my contract, will i have to pay the disconnection fee even when optus doesn't not deliver?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos