cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Anyone else lied to by Optus support today?

So my new NBN conection arvied today, all I got was the WIFI modem, no HFC box.

Phoned up, the person I spoke to said I needed to contact the NBN case mamagment team BUT there was a 45 minute wait at the moment, phone back then..

Well I am at home doing nothing, so I phone and put the phoen onn speaker to just wait and watch TV, well blow my mind its asnwered in under 2 seconds, I asked if there was a dealy and they said no..

So I put though my identifing information, and low and behold "Im sorry sir, there is a technical issue with your account, I need you to phoen back in an hour"

Its seems optus has stuffed up my new conection and are trying to hide that from me, well done, top marks to the comapny that last time I was useing them spent two years where they where going to "upgrade you local node and fix your conectivty isseus in 4-8 weeks" for two months..

you know what, out of spite I might just go else where and you can have your $280 for a modem I cant use back without me paying for it and you cant send out a opend used one as new

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Anyone else lied to by Optus support today?

"I need you to phone back in an hour"

Optus don't have a great track record of doing this. Generally its code for "Let's hang up now and you can phone back tomorrow and talk to anyone but me"

You might find you've been lied to more than once today. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @sjwtA, that's definitely not good to hear and we're really sorry it didn't work out the way it should.  

We'll have to check the account and your order details to see what cause of this delay is.  You can contact our NBN activations team as well from My Optus App messaging or My Account as well. 

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media (Facebook or Twitter) account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I was talkign to the NBN Activations team, they still cant say whats wrong, but now im being told that they need to talk to the NBN about why OPtus ddint send me a HFC box, and that now my "If your palce has an NBN all ready we can send you the modem and you jus tplug it in" is evolving into I apprently will need an NBN person to come out with a box and plug tha tin the wall, because you know, pluging in boxes is very hard so I need to take time off work

I think I know whats wrong, to me it seems no one managed to go though the full account creation system, as when I log into my optus account, It either kicsk me back to log in page, or if it does work it goes to the "Link My Optus Service" page and wont go further..  proably why I only got the modem and not the HFC box.

Lots of fun, but at least I was offers credit on my non exsitant optus phone.. then a nebuilouse "discount" but no actual concreate statment about that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi@SJWTA, really sorry for the issues you've had.

We can certainly assist with your login issues and also get an update on the activation delay. 

We'll have to verify your ID and account details  and for that please contact our messaging team from My Optus App. 

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media (Facebook or Twitter) account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

even better, got a phone call at work to advise me that my connection was fully confirmed and that your team can see that the modem is plugged in..

It wasnt of course.. and after talking on your app with them I then have to wait 2-4 hours to talk to a supervisor, if you gys allways seem to have massive waits for them its time you started emplying more, imagin two items beeing miss scanned at the store and being told you needed to wait 2-4 hours.. 

And as it seems nothing has changed, then I guess we all know wont be able to really do anything, wont be abel to acctaly expalne why I was lied to, wont be abel to acctauly talk about refunds, and in the end ill be told the best option ill be the "retetion team" who we all know is code for "please we wont bill you for exiting contract early if you dont go to the TCO" they realy do nothing to retain customers. 

Anyway on the off chance I acctaly get real help ill post agine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi@SJWTA, so sorry that this is still not resolved.

Please contact us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can verify your account details and assist with the fault. 

You can certainly contact our help and support team from My Optus App messaging or My account as well. 

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Seems you have a dialog at least. FWIW I'd forget the past in future conversations as its just confuses and slows things down. Just report an issue and see if the person can resolve it.

FWIW you won't get any direct help in this forum. As mentioned you need to go via twitter or facebook.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors