Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Airport Extreme NBN Router

Can anyone help me set up my Airport Extreme to replace my Sagemcom modem/router?

I have a 2011 Airport Extreme, when I transfer the fibre cable from the Sagemcom to the AE nothing happens. The AE continues to have an amber flashing light. Airport Utility says I am not connected to the internet, even though with the Sagemcom everything connects normally.

Do I need to change any configurations on the AE in regards to PPPOE or DCHP, as I am unsure as to which Optus uses. Also I have read somewhere that perhaps the fibre cable may need to be plugged into a different UNI-D port in the NBN connection box and then into the AE.

Has anyone got a similar setup? Or be able to offer advice? Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Airport Extreme NBN Router

HI

the Cable on your NBN box stays in the same port do not touch that

i don't know about the AE however you should have a port marked WAN you plug the cable from the NBN Box into the WAN port and make sure the WAN port is set to DHCP  you don't need authenication. 

You then need to give the AE a IP address  the address of the AE is what all your computer call a gateway,

you need to ensure that you have DHCP server enabled on the AE and that the SCOPE (ip range) is the same as the AE address

E.g 192.168.1.2-200 if your AE is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254.

Hope that helps not really crash hot on AE.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Andma_au can I check something with you? Should the IPv6 settings be set to LocalHost? To be fair I find a lot of the other variables such as tunnelling etc confusing especially when it comes to IPv6 security. 

Thanks again 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry about delay in reply,  IPv6 just disable for now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

AIRPORT EXPRESS and OPTUS ROUTER

Hi guys, am trying to get my Airport express to connect to our Optus router.

I read some comments that it had something to do with the bridge mode and that it was not able to be connected to the optus router.

Given that its an apple product I assume there would be more written on this from Optus.

Can someone please confirm if there is a working solution to get the airport express onto the network so I can stream music

0 Kudos