cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

After more than a week, no NBN activation.

Our NBN was connected on March 1st. The tech said, "Wait a couple of hours then plug in the modem." Did that. The homepage of the modem says "You are connected to the internet" but the connection is obviously not activated as there is no internet access. Yep, I did the usual troubleshooting routine 😉

Screenshot 2017-03-09 16.03.52.png

I called Optus on Friday 3rd; they weren't able to give me a clear answer why our service had not been activated, but promised they'd call with an update in two business days, but I've received no call. Our order tracking page shows no change either - service activation is still pending. I'm posting here because I'm hoping this issue can be resolved without me needing to spend more time on the phone. I'd really appreciate the help of an Optus support staff member. Many thanks.

Screenshot 2017-03-09 16.03.11.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: After more than a week, no NBN activation.

Now two weeks...

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @DeeJaySchmeeJay, sorry for the issues and lack of communication. Shoot me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can check up on this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Toomey; private message has been sent. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm in the same boat. Constant escalation to NBN resulting in another modem being sent. I don't know whether another modem is coming or whether this activation will work its way through. I had an NBN connection previously so I don't know why they are having trouble just 'activating' it. Why raise an escalation and an NBN technician?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re:What a waste of time the NBN tech support

I have been trying to install a vpn on my optus sagemon router/modem and spoke to 9 people and they have all been a waste of time and money, Their excuse is that we normally dont have people ask me how to do this. I dont care you are representing OPTUS and you need to know what you are doing and protecting your  customers who have multiple smart devices.

OPTUS wake up your uneducated staff.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re:What a waste of time the NBN tech support

What assistance do you need, lecan? VPN is a third party self-installation, you may just need your router's username and password which is on your device / fridge magnet it came with?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Re:What a waste of time the NBN tech support

I am very  aware that vpn is a 3rd party software. I just wanted for someone to tell me what do I need to do to the Router to have that installed on it so ALL my smart devices are protected from hackers e.g baby monitor, front door and a few others. Optus does not provide security for smart homes. I am using nordvpn you can put that on your phones,tablets, etc also routers to protect your other smart devices, You cannot put the vpn on your fridge, baby monitor etc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Another VPN discussion here if you want to get in on it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

still a waste of time. you do not know what you are talking about.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors