Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor khios
Occasional Contributor

Admin password for FAST5366TN-A

Hey

Is there a reason we can not have the proper admin password for this modem/router? I aquired admin access to the previous router and found so many hidden features that for power users are very important. I mean after all we do own the modem and we should have access to it properly.

Regards

Rob

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Admin password for FAST5366TN-A

Optus keep it locked down probably because if users started getting into these areas the support process would be a nightmare. If you need more features then you can always switch in your own power modem.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

soon enough people will work out how to get the password like the old modem but just being able to change the DNS and wotnot is handy. I know I could buy a aftermarket modem but they refuse to pass out the SIP info so while an option I don't really want to go down that path.. also $400-800 is a lot when just got the new optus one.

This is the one thing i believe optus has got wrong.. restricting the firmware so badly.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

also all they would have to do is if they give the password they dont provide any support for the modem.. they wont support any other non optus modem
0 Kudos
Top Contributors