Searching...

Adding a TP Link wifi booster to NBN

TheVront

Hi All,

I am getting pretty poor wifi signal at the other end of the house and went out and bought a TP Link repeater twin pack.

I am having trouble connecting these repeaters as they do not find my network when searching. I am using supplied Sagemcom F@st 3864V3 as my router. 

There are 2 options when linking the repeaters to the routers:

1. By allowing the repeaterto automatically detect the router next to it

2. By pairing with the repeater on a device and going throughthe settings and searching for the network 

Has anyone had luck with these or anything similar.

Thanks for your assistance.

Highlighted

Re: Adding a TP Link wifi booster to NBN

Jeneral__Pain

Given this is not an Optus device, your best bet would be to contact TP-Link for support/advice.

I did find this guide which says you can use WPS (which is a horribly insecure way) or via connecting to the range extender and telling it what network to extend... 

https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201801/20180126/7106507854_TL-WA850RE_QIG_V6.pdf

The problem you have with extenders is, if they are getting poor signal, then you won't get any better coverage.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
111 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos