Searching...

Accessing Email Folders in Outlook

shellb

I have set up additional email folders on my webmail account. I am able to view and transfer emails to/from these folders when using webmail and also when accessing my emails from iPad or iPhone, however am unable to do so when using Outlook 2013. The email account has been added to Outlook, however the additional folders do not display. Is there any way the account can be set up in Outlook so that the additional folders are displayed?

Thank you.

Re: Accessing Email Folders in Outlook

Yeldarb

The folders won't synchronize to Outlook if that's what you are are trying to do. That requires an imap account and Optus don't support it.

shellb

Thanks for your reply :-)

So there is no way at all to synchronise the folders or access them in outlook? Is it likely that Optus will change this in the near future? And why is it they can be accessed from iPad and iPhone?

Thanks for your help!

Yeldarb

I have asked the powers to be on 3 separate occasions over the last couple of years if imap is supported by Optus. I have been told numerous time that imap is not supported however that does not mean it’s not available. Suffice to say that one could probably guess at what the imap setting may be and the fact that your Apple devices are syncing correctly would suggest the automatic setup got the settings correct. I am not sure what version of Outlook you are using however it may pay to check the settings on your Apple devices and see if you can replicate them on your Outlook mail program.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
101 Kudos
63 Kudos
26 Kudos
23 Kudos
18 Kudos