cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

ASUS DSL-AC68U NBN FTTB settings

Hello All,

I am writing requesting assistance to set up my ASUS DSL-AC68U with Optus on an FTTB NBN connection.

I have used the same Modem/Router with ADSL previously with no issues, but it obviously requires further tweaking with NBN.

I have read some of the countless threads on Whirlpool about the DSL-AC68U with NBN, however I haven't pinpointed any replies that help.

I have the latest firmware installed (Mar '17) on the DSL-AC68U and get a solid blue light for "DSL" but get no light for the Internet connection (no Internet). Do I use VDSL2 for DSL Modulation? For WAN connection type do I use Automatic IP? What about the multitude of other options?

The ASUS quick connection option is not advised (there is no Optus NBN option anyway), but after playing with the other seetings I have still had no luck. Optus have confirmed that the line is active days ago.

If anyone can share their settings it would be greatly appreciated.

Millertime

4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U NBN FTTB settings

by fttb i assume you mean fibre to the premises. all you should need to do, is connect a network cable from the NBN box on your wall, to the WAN port in the back of your modem. and reboot all devices. should just work. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U FTTB settings

@Millertime - I can see you posted this quite some time ago, very sorry for the delayed response. Do you still need a hand with this? If so, would you be able to send through your account details, full name and DOB via PM? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am about to connect to FTTN tomorow after using ADSL2 with my ASUS DSL-AC68U, can I use the Optus supplied modem & turn off WiFi and LAN connect the ASUS DSL-AC68U to it so I can get my phone line & use the ASUS DSL-AC68U for WiFi on 2.4 & 5GHZ ?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I saw your old post re the ASUS DSL-AC68U, I have FTTN only put into out area about 4 weeks ago & have not been able to connect my ASUS DSL-AC68U. I set up with the standard OPTUS suppled modem....with a few intial problems that OPTUS were able to fix remotely & got the system to a stable managble state befrore trying the next step to connect the ASUS DSL-AC68U. THis did not go well, booted up & it went through the basic setup wireless connected but no internet. I tried rebooting but same result I then tried to reconnect the OPTUS modem & I was back to my original instalation fault so had many long minutes (about an hour & a half on my mobile) on the line to OPTUS) I was told there was a volume of trafic problem, hard to beleve as I know not many people in our little pocket of houses have taken up the NBN connection & it is totaly new! Plan is as read & researched to connect the ASUS DSL-AC68U then use a LAN port to the OPTUS Sagecom WAN with WiFi disabled on this modem & plug my phone into it. I looked at the reverse with the Sagecom as the primary & did manage to connec but was limited to the capabilites of the Sagecom & seemed half speed.

Overall MBPS was good on out intial connection at around 37MBPS but since then we have had as low as 17MBPS & currently have 20 MBPS .... upload is good at 7MBPS fairly consistently. 

Have you any sugestions on setting for the ASUS DSL-AC68U.... Should I do a complet reset before trying to install again? It worked realy well on ADSL2 with a consistent 12 to 13 MBPS with no lag or buffering issues. With our slightly faster speed on FTTN we are now having dropouts & buffering issues....have to say the ADSL2 was much more reliable & easy to use.

Any help wopuld be much apreceated as I dont want to go thru having to phone & reset/get help once it goes down again.

0 Kudos