cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: ACCC awards Optus as fastest NBN provider

Hi Daveclarke66,

In your repeated complaints to Optus I imagine at some point a fault ticket(s) was raised?

Do you have them so we can follow up on it?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Numerous fault tickets have been raised, and closed by Optus, without the issue being resolved! Here is just one of them (old ref) as I have deleted the others which were sent via SMS - 19669058

Here also is the reference for the official complaint I made on the 28 Jan (to which I am still awaiting a response) 472391.

I won’t hold my breath though as so far Optus has shown no desire to fix the problem so I shall be taking my business elsewhere after my complaints to the ACCC and my local MP (who happens to be the shadow communications minister)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me. That ticket is from 2018 (verifying your issue does indeed go back 18 months) so I won't be able to do anything with that now.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the complaint reference details and they'll be able to follow up.
If not, please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately in a complete fit of Anger and Frustration with your incompetent Indian Call Centre I ended up deleting the SMS trail I had with all of the ticket numbers so don't have that option anymore.

I do not see the need to contact them on FaceBook or Twitter as they have repeatedly failed each and every time I have raised a fault ticket with your (un)helpful desk in India, even to the point of telling me when I have requested a call back from an onshore technician that there are no technicians in Australia and I can only deal with them. This I know to be a blatant lie, they have no desire to either own or fix my problem when I raise tickets why would a social media post be any different? For the first time I am going to admit defeat, Optus neither care for their customers or their service otherwise this would have been resolved by now. The TIO are of no help as Internet is not considered a basic hum an right then Optus cannot be forced to fix their service, and we all know that living in Australia our consumer rights have been steadily eroded by successive governments so my only option is to take my business elsewhere and hope I get a better service. I shall however telll anybody who will listen by all mediums what an absolute Shower Optus is and recommending that they avoid you like the devil.

On a personal note I would be embarrassed and unable to sleep at night knowing what a shoddy and dishonest company I was working for.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

What a complete and utter joke. Seriously!! The ACCC must have received some nice kickbacks to make their decision. How about awards for the most UNRELIABLE service provider. I have dropouts every single day from 11:30 am through to 1PM - EVERY DAY!!! Optus, you should be ashamed of yourselves for providing such crap service and don't just blame it on the basket-case NBN. You're big enough of a global company through your parent Singtel to put significant pressure on the Australian government to fix the mess we're now in. Shame on you.
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus suffered a significant decrease in market capability (power) with the NBN arriving. One of the greatest aspects of the NBN is that suddenly all RSPs had equal access to high speed broadband. Unfortunately even as the government force bought Optus HFC network (and then decided to tear it down as unusable) and pass laws preventing them building a competing network etc. Optus still hasn't been able to adapt as other Telcos have - even Telstra is doing a better job at restructuring its services and products and support to try create a customer environment that people want to stay in (as opposed to put up with).

As for getting your issue resolved, I'd suggest you take advantage of the ability the NBN provides to find an RSP that might be more proactive in dealing with the issue. You can get plenty of good recommendations at whirlpool. FWIW dropouts at such a specific time and regularity would suggest a local interference of some sort. Should be easily traceable and fixable.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I can vouch ffor that . A couple of days ago i got 52Mbps d/l and 19 u/l.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I don't see how but, I don't have all the facts. The BB network that existed back in 1998 was MUCH better than what THIS Optus had anything to do with. Optus @ home was WAY better.
My largest complaint for optus these days isn't really the quality of the speed available but the quality of some of the staff (not Aussies), it can be very disconcerting to have to explain yourself in ENGLISH every time you need to report a fault.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just updating the thread to advise still #1 for the fourth quarter in a row 🙂

0 Kudos