cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

R1Bandit
New Contributor
New Contributor

AC WIFI MODEM (NBN FTTC) on order

Hi,

I would like to know if the AC WIFI MODEM (NBN FTTC) item which is on my Optus order, accepts a sim card?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: AC WIFI MODEM (NBN FTTC) on order

If its the Optus Ultra WiFi modem with 4G back-up then yes, and the SIM should come pre-installed and pre-activated so that it can be used for 4G backup.

R1Bandit
New Contributor
New Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc  Thanks for the reply. I knew the Ultra did but the optus Case manager assigned to me to resolve order issues said that it is not the Ultra. I suspected the non Ultra one didn't have the capability.

This will now be the Sixth time they have failed on the order. Oh dear, I smell some fireworks.

Many thanks again for your reply.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

So what are they supposed to send you that they can't get the order right?

So do you have a case manager because of a problem with your FTTC connection or because they just get get the right modem delivered?

I've seen a few cases where they were supposed to get the Ultra but got the wrong one 2 or 3 times. You'd thing they would learn after 2 wrong deliveries max.

0 Kudos
R1Bandit
New Contributor
New Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc  They were meant to replace my existing adsl modem due to issues. Also meant to send a backup 4G modem. They only sent me my NBN connection device and sim card. So when I called up they said they would place the order for a new modem and 4G modem. This happen three times and each time after waiting the allowed delivery time I would contact Optus again and each time they said somehow this didn't go through...so sorry sir, we will take care of it it will be ok this time. The fourth and fifth time they said they would send me the Optus Ultra Wifi. Again time passed and nothing. So that was five times. Each time I called I was told sorry there is no order here for you.

Two days ago when it happened again, I had enough and asked them to put me through to complaints immediately or I would post the transcripts from the online support chats which showed it all in plain light. Hence the case manager. She promised to fix it. Now I have the person who she said was taking care of the delivery saying I not getting the Ultra and no mention of a 4G modem.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately its all too common that Optus don't follow through with their promises.

Optus won't really care that you post the transcripts, but what they will care about is if you raise a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman because. Tell your case manager that you will raise a complaint with the TIO if they don't resolve your issue quickly, and if that doesn't light the fire underneath their feet, then actually raising a TIO complaint definitely will.

0 Kudos
R1Bandit
New Contributor
New Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc I have told them I will be going to the ombudsman and it looks like it may be time to enact that. Cheers again mate.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors