Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

$90 Plan GST added additional in monthly

Hi there - I am on a $90 NBN monthly bundle. But noticed that the GST is being charged additional. And the $90 plan is not truly a $90 plan - my bill reads something like below.I realised  these additional charges (and GST on top of this) have been billed from the very first bill. Why is the additional $9.09 GST being charged ? and whats with this $90.91 as the base service charge

SERVICE CHARGES
<Homephonenumber> on $80 Plan $90.90
<internetuserid>           on $80 Plan $0.01

SUB-TOTAL                                    $90.91
                                                 GST $9.09
TOTAL THIS BILL                         $100.00

10 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: $90 Plan GST added additional in monthly

Optus bills always (annoyingly IMO) show ext gst prices before adding gst at the end. 

What your bill suggests is you are on a $100 plan (in total)

What services are included in your plan? Local and mobile Phone calls? Overseas? Internet Speed pack

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am on a $80 Plan which came with Mighty set-top box and a channel pack included. There is an intl calling pack added for an additional $10. Total $80+$10=$90 is what i expect to see.

Optus bills are the most complicated i have ever seen with no easy way to understand what i am actually being charged for

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@BrianGriffin my $80 plan shows $77.26 after GST = $80 .. is there other service, phone calls, and charges that brought your charges to $100? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @BrianGriffin,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. This isn't your first invoice by any chance is it? Are you able to check the billing periods next to the plan description and let us know if there's a prorata usage charge and a month in advance charge? Charges are listed exclusive of GST. GST is then added to the total. We've recently began migrating services to a new billing/servicing platform. We've essentially revamped the entire layout of our invoices therefore they'll be much easier to understand. You'll definitely see a change in coming months. 

Feel free to send us a PM with your account details. I'm happy to run through the invoice and ensure that you've been charged correctly. We'll respond back as soon as possible. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @SillyGogo - The services that i have is unlimited NBN, Channel pack (that came with the bundle) and the international calling pack for an additional $10. I can see in the invoice that no additional charges other than the package inclusions are listed(such as extra calls  or channel packs). So its strange why the invoice total is ending up as $100

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Dan_C - Thanks for your responding. I have PM'ed you my account number. Invoices have always been a problem starting with the very first one and I had to reach out to support every single month to have the invoices corrected 😞 With all the additional charges and revisions, it was not clear what exactly the GST component was. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@BrianGriffin

You'll need to PM Dan your Name, Address and DOB as they can't look at your records without confirmation of those details.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @petergdownload I have PM'ed the account details.

Hi @Dan_C, i think i may have figured out the reason the additional $10 is showing up in the invoices. I notice that the World Saver calling pack is being added twice. Once as "WorldSaver Ultimate" and again as "WorldSaver Unlimited". This is occuring from the month of July. So this may not be really a GST related issue but rather a service being charged twice. And due to the way the invoice structured, it appears to be a GST addition. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

No problem @BrianGriffin, I've just replied back. It looks to have been a duplicate charge that I've actually arranged to be credited back to you. We'll continue chatting there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy